October 19, 2017 EAB Meeting Summary and Highlights
We enjoyed our luncheon meeting on October 19. We were honored to welcome Dr. Sandy Mayo, SPU’s first VP for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Here are some highlights:
• Our topic was SBGE’s Strategic Plan 2017-2019. Dean Ross Stewart shared the intent of the Plan along with the major components. He asked the EAB, as Stakeholders, to begin an ongoing dialogue. We look forward to that.
• We had several students join us to share about their experiences that were possible only with contributions from the EAB.
• Dr. Kenman Wong, Professor of Business Ethics and currently working on the project FAITH&BUSINESS presented one of the short story films to be included in the project. This is a film and open online course project that has been created as an expression of SBGE Christian identity and thought leadership to business people, students and ministers.
• Thom Kroon and Ross Stewart honored the excellent leadership of Jeffrey Wilcox as EAB Chair. He was speechless with the tributes. As he turns over this leadership role to Kristi Drake, Jeffrey will be continuing with the Executive Leadership Team.
APRIL 20, 2017 EAB Meeting Summary and Highlights
We enjoyed a wonderful luncheon meeting on April 20, with several guest joining in. Here are some highlights:
- Our topic was entrepreneurship. CAL Director Mark Oppenlander gave an overview of SVPC and shared a brief clip from last year. Here is a link to the results of the Showcase that was held the same day as our luncheon. Thank you to EAB members for their contributions as judges, readers, and coaches! Professor John Godek talked about new developments in the Innovation Labs and Entrepreneurship in SBGE. He also announced a new course for next year: Create a Company.
- Lori Brown, Center for Career & Calling and Bryan Jones, Alumni and Parent Relations Director, presented switchboard, a new online community.
- Students on the SafeCase team who were prize recipients in SVPC last year shared about their experience as a team of entrepreneurs, and going on to win the college division of Social Venture Partners Fastpitch.
- CIB Executive Director Gene Kim presented an update on the multimedia project on faith in business and gave an opportunity for EAB members to contribute to a matching gift.
- Kristi Drake presented the new website. We are very grateful to Kristi for her work building this website.
- Jeffrey Wilcox announced that he is transitioning out of his role as Chairman of EAB Leadership Team and that Kristi Drake will be stepping in as of our October meeting. Dean Stewart is very thankful for the excellent leadership that Jeffrey has provided over the past few years, leading the EAB into a new structure and several exciting new initiatives.