APRIL 20, 2017 EAB Meeting Summary and Highlights
We enjoyed a wonderful luncheon meeting on April 20, with several guest joining in. Here are some highlights:
- Our topic was entrepreneurship. CAL Director Mark Oppenlander gave an overview of SVPC and shared a brief clip from last year. Here is a link to the results of the Showcase that was held the same day as our luncheon. Thank you to EAB members for their contributions as judges, readers, and coaches! Professor John Godek talked about new developments in the Innovation Labs and Entrepreneurship in SBGE. He also announced a new course for next year: Create a Company.
- Lori Brown, Center for Career & Calling and Bryan Jones, Alumni and Parent Relations Director, presented switchboard, a new online community.
- Students on the SafeCase team who were prize recipients in SVPC last year shared about their experience as a team of entrepreneurs, and going on to win the college division of Social Venture Partners Fastpitch.
- CIB Executive Director Gene Kim presented an update on the multimedia project on faith in business and gave an opportunity for EAB members to contribute to a matching gift.
- Kristi Drake presented the new website. We are very grateful to Kristi for her work building this website.
- Jeffrey Wilcox announced that he is transitioning out of his role as Chairman of EAB Leadership Team and that Kristi Drake will be stepping in as of our October meeting. Dean Stewart is very thankful for the excellent leadership that Jeffrey has provided over the past few years, leading the EAB into a new structure and several exciting new initiatives.